I am an infinite learner. I love learning new things and my interests vary, widely. From current events to history to how things work and why I think the way I do, I find seeking and applying knowledge to be a major part of who I am. It also makes me really good at trivia.
This moment demands an explanation. This show is on a mission to find it. Only what you want to know, none of what you don’t. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Powered by New York Times journalism. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
99% Invisible is about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed design that shapes our world. This weekly podcast is my go to every week. Their old stories are GREEN (not time based) so they can be listened to at any time and always feel like new. This is my favorite episode, brought to life by roman mars at TED.
No Dump Questions is a long format podcast, with some lasting over an hour. Destin Sandlin, from Smarter Everyday, and his buddy Matt Whitman, a preacher known to the Snap Chat world as "worstchristian", carry out discussions every other week about everything from philosophy to religion and even how to handle North Korea. I usually have to take this one on in bits, with how long it is. Be sure to fill out the 50/50 question each week!
The Hidden Brain helps curious people understand the world – and themselves. Using science and storytelling, Hidden Brain's host Shankar Vedantam reveals the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, the biases that shape our choices, and the triggers that direct the course of our relationships.
Host Guy Raz dives into the stories behind some of the world's best-known companies. How I Built This weaves a narrative journey about innovators, entrepreneurs, idealists, and the movements they built.
How do companies grow from zero to a gazillion? Legendary Silicon Valley investor/entrepreneur Reid Hoffman tests his theories with famous founders. Guests include Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg & Sheryl Sandberg, Netflix’s Reed Hastings, Google’s Eric Schmidt, Spanx's Sara Blakely. With original music and hilariously honest stories, the show sounds like nothing you’ve ever heard.
Ear Hustle brings you the stories of life inside prison, shared and produced by those living it. From the San Quentin media lab, Earlonne Woods and Antwan Williams, produce stories that are sometimes difficult, often funny and always honest, offering a nuanced view of people living within the American prison system.
This great 5-minute podcast comes out weekly and is reminiscent of the Paul Harvey Rest of the Story. The weekly story always has a small revealing twist that makes you turn your head and say... "No Shit? Really?"
A podcast from Radiotopia featuring original series of all stripes, from emerging and leading producers around the world. This podcast brings together short series podcasts that run 3-7 episodes in length. The series so far has included Ways of Hearing and The Polybius Conspiracy.
This show is half current events quiz show and half satirical comedy show from NPR. If you are looking to catch up on the news on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday, this is the podcast for you.
This hour long, game show format, podcast hosted by Stephen J. Dubner of Freakonomics Radio, is full of laughs and has a lot to learn. Three celebrity panelists listen as contestants come on stage before a live audience and try to wow them with a fascinating fact, a historical wrinkle, a new line of research — anything, really, as long as it’s interesting, useful and true (or at least true-ish). The panel — an eclectic mix of comedians, brainiacs, and other high achievers — poke and prod the contestants, and ultimately choose a winner.
SEOBits is a bite-sized SEO education podcast. This podcast helps smart business owners jumpstart their SEO strategy. Learn how small changes can make a big impact on your ability to rank in Google. Each week, Rebecca Gill takes her 15 years of real-world SEO experience and breaks it down into bite-size pieces.
Ready to get fresh SEO insights and actionable tips you can use to improve your traffic and conversions? This SEO podcast is just for you!
ZigZag is a podcast about changing the course of capitalism, journalism, and women’s lives. For real.
Manoush and Jen just left their steady jobs at New York Public Radio to launch Stable Genius Productions.
They’re taking a huge financial risk while documenting the process of starting a new kind of media company….and trying not to be bad mothers, bankrupt themselves, or destroy their wonderful creative partnership. And when their first funding comes in the form of cryptocurrency, things get really interesting.
Podcasts My Friends Love
Below is a list of Podcast my friends have recommended I check out, and I recommend you check them out also! If you see any with a * that means another friend has recommended that podcast also.
Reading Lists (or Audible)
- How to Think: A Survival Guide for a World at Odds by Alan Jacobs
- Topgrading, 3rd Edition: The Proven Hiring and Promoting Method That Turbocharges Company Performance by Bradford D. Smart Ph.D.
- Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Apply the Astonishing Power of Positive Reinforcement by Aubrey C. Daniels
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet by Eric C. Westman MD and Jimmy Moore
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
- Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy by Jon Gordon
- Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging by Sebastian Junger
- Living with a SEAL: 31 Days Training with the Toughest Man on the Planet by Jesse Itzler
- The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle by Steven Pressfield
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
- Podcastnomics: The Book of Podcasting... To Make You Millions by Naresh Vissa
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Think Like a Freak: The Authors of Freakonomics Offer to Retrain Your Brain by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Choose Yourself!: Be Happy, Make Millions, Live the Dream by James Altucher
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future by Chris Guillebeau
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card
- Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
- Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card
- Xenocide by Orson Scott Card
- Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- Armada: A Novel by Ernest Cline
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- Straken: High Druid of Shannara, Book 3 by Terry Brooks
- Tanequil: High Druid of Shannara, Book 2 by Terry Brooks
- Jarka Ruus: High Druid of Shannara, Book 1 by Terry Brooks
- Inferno: A Novel by Dan Brown
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Morgawr by Terry Brooks
- The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Antrax by Terry Brooks
- The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Ilse Witch by Terry Brooks
- The First King of Shannara: The Shannara Series, Prequel by Terry Brooks
- The Wishsong of Shannara: The Shannara Series, Book 3 by Terry Brooks
- The Sword of Shannara: The Shannara Series, Book 1 by Terry Brooks
- The Elfstones of Shannara: The Shannara Series, Book 2 by Terry Brooks
- Seven Forges by James A. Moore
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Allegiant: Divergent Trilogy, Book 3 by Veronica Roth
- Insurgent: Divergent, Book 2 by Veronica Roth
- A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book 5 by George R.R. Martin
- A Feast for Crows: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book 4 by George R.R. Martin
- A Storm of Swords: A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3 George R.R. Martin
- A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2 by George R.R. Martin
- A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1 by George R. R. Martin
- Mockingjay: The Final Book of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire: Hunger Games, Book 2 by Suzanne Collins
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- City of Lost Souls: Mortal Instruments, Book 5 by Cassandra Clare
- City of Fallen Angels: The Mortal Instruments, Book 4 by Cassandra Clare
- City of Glass: The Mortal Instruments, Book 3 by Cassandra Clare
- City of Ashes: The Mortal Instruments, Book 2 by Cassandra Clare
- City of Bones: The Mortal Instruments, Book 1 by Cassandra Clare
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald